Are you building value during your presentation/demonstration?
In the automotive industry we must learn the difference between building value versus just giving the car away. We've all seen the sales professional that sells 15 cars for the month and makes $1,500 i.e. 15 mini deals. How demotivating to spend an entire month putting in 60+ hours and then see a less than average paycheck; I truly believe the solution to this problem is one must learn how to build value and hold gross while your presenting your four square. I've heard too many people complain about not making any money and at the end of the day he/she must look in the mirror and analyze themselves.
Here are a couple things that I believe will help end this epidemic:
- Stop letting the sales manager/closer close 99% of your deals i.e. become a closer not a order taker!!
- Get the consumer excited about making their next biggest purchase next to buying a home
- Spend some time outside of work perfecting your closing skills
- Get better with product knowledge
- Always assume the sale
- Don't wait until the first pencil to close the sale ask closing questions during the sale
There are many more but I just wanted to point out a few that I believe will help with helping people get better with holding gross. Good luck and good selling.....