*** This company is AWESOME... They offer some AMAZING resources for Dealerships!
Many of you already have websites which are (hopefully) integrated with your offline advertising channels (radio, tv, billboard, newspaper, magazines, direct mail), and you probably generate a substantial part of your traffic and leads through this channel.
What if I were to tell you that Google has made a game changing, strategic move that could reduce your online leads, traffic and profits considerably within the next 2 – 5 years if you do NOT pay attention to the implications of that move?
Google spent $12.5Billion last year to acquire Motorola Mobility, and this acquisition was so strategically important that Google spent more than 41% of it’s free cash for the deal. Now, why would Google bet almost half its cash reserves to make this deal? Is this acquisition telling you something about the future of the internet that WILL have a profound impact on your business if you ignore it? Note that, Google almost OWNS the internet today, but was willing to bet nearly half of its cash reserves to get into the mobile app design solutions playing field!
To understand why, consider these facts:
The Whole World Is Going MOBILE!
- · There are 5.2Billion mobile phones worldwide and growing rapidly
- · There are 1.1billion smart phones worldwide and growing rapidly
- · About 80% of US households have mobile phones
- · In the US, about 25% of mobile web users are mobile ONLY!
- · A whopping 10% of Google’s page views are mobile
- · About 83% of people go online to find a business
Bottom Line: Mobile apps are now replacing web sites. And if you are not thinking about or taking steps TODAY to integrate your existing websites with mobile, you will slowly find yourself out of business!
So What Do You Do?
Fortunately for the small to medium sized business person, there is still time to act, even though the window is closing fast! There are a few, affordable, scalable and functionally powerful ; cross platform mobile app solutions on the market for you.
What Features MUST You Look For In Your Mobile App Design Solution?
- · Your App Must Have Cross Platform Capability – Must work on Iphones, Ipads, Android, Windows, Blackberry and if you can afford it, Kindle and Nook!
- · Push Notification – This feature allows you to send unlimited offers/coupons to ALL your customers who have opted to download your app ( at NO additional charge)!
o And by the way, the open rate on push notifications is 97% within 5 minutes, vs. only 4% for emails and even lower for newsletters!
- GPS Direction – One tap by your customer; and directions to your business is displayed!
- Quick Response (QR) Coupons – Can be used to download your apps and also as a ‘frequent buyer” card similar to the paper cards used by coffee shops, etc
- Tap To Call – One tap, and device calls your business, no more fumbling to find a # and dial
- Tap To Email – For your newsletter, etc
- Mobile Appointment Scheduling/Reminders – For the Service Division - Should integrate with your existing platform and allow you to schedule and/or remind customers of upcoming service by text messaging.
- Simple, Inexpensive, Complete Integration: Your app must be capable of handling the existing functionality and features on your website, and must be scalable to handle future changes. You must not accept high cost, ongoing code changes.
- Guaranteed Submission & Acceptance Into Apple I-Stores & Android Market Place: Your app is no good unless it is accepted by Apple & Google. Your mobile app developer must have the credibility and ability to deliver your app to Apple and Google!
Finally, WHY Should You Consider Getting A Mobile APP?
Your current and/or future customers comprise the majority of the ‘untethered” consumer. Whoever is in their pockets (via smart phone app), will COMMAND their attention, loyalty and $$$ dollars!
- Their smart phone are within reach 24/7
- 97% of them will open/read your messages/coupons or offers within 5 minutes, vs. only 4% for email (within 24hrs)
- It Is A Question Of ROI And Profitability- Your mobile app will help you better integrate and tie together ALL your online and offline marketing channels. and reduce your advertising seepage!
- Your websites must be integrated and connected to your mobile apps.
- You will reduce advertising expense seepage, and with the same amount of ad spend, you should expect to get more customers, keep your existing customers coming back more often and buying more often from you.
- A mobile app allows you to have a one on one intimate communication with your customers
- Constant Branding – You are right ON your customers’ mobile device 24/7!
Click here for more information about how you can take advantage of this mobile app design solution
Michael Ofori is President of MVO & Associates, LLC, a multi-media advertising agency and can be reached at:
978-631-0363 or email email@example.com
I don't think it's a secret that millions of Americans own a smartphones. See here: There Will Be More Smartphones than Humans & here: Afraid of Losing Your Phone, You Might Have Nomophobia
To affirm this even further, the brilliant folks over at Nielsenwire conducted a study: "New U.S. Smartphone Growth by Age and Income." While their study has produced a plethora of paramount statistics, there are just a few I'd like to touch on and examine their importance in regards to your dealership's mobile marketing strategy.
- In the 25-34 age group, Neilsenwire found that 66% own a smartphone.
- 8 out of 10 who purchased a new device in the last three months chose a smartphone over a traditional mobile phone.
- Of the people who purchased a new device, more than half under sixty-five years of age specifically chose a smartphone. In other words, they're adapting to a new world.
Neilsenwire also examined the relationship between income and age as it pertains to smartphone ownership.
- Those aged 55-64, with an income over 100k/yr, are just as likely to own a smartphone as those in the 35-44 age bracket with a substantially lower income.
What does this mean?
It simply means that people in the age bracket 35-44 view a smartphone as a necessity even if they're making only 35k/yr, while older folks view a smartphone as luxury. If I can afford it, then I'll buy it.
What does this mean for YOUR dealership?
Believe it or not, it all falls back to ZMOT and winning that Zero Moment of Truth. Seems like everything leads back to ZMOT these days, huh? In all seriousness, given these statistics, now you know your demographic in regards to smartphone users. It's time to utilize this information to inform your marketing strategy in the coming year. Several dealerships have already adapted by creating their own mobile app or a mobile program. For instance:
- "TEXT 12345" TO ABC MOTORS to receive specials to your smartphone"
Additionally, more and more people are purchasing smartphones, regardless of income. This is opening up a new avenue for you to reach your customers. If you're not adapting to this new, tech savvy world just like the 55-64 age group is, then you're going to be left in the dust.
Is your dealership implementing the proper strategy geared towards more mobile customers?
(This is JUST FOR FUN :)
For a company with Apple’s huge wealth their product range is, when you look at it, relatively small. For Apple to continue its astronomical growth it is likely that they will have to expand their portfolio before too long.
Well according to iDownloadblog, Apple may well be moving into the automotive sector. At least that is what could be inferred from a recent job listing.
Apple is, apparently, in the market for an automotive engineer for an undisclosed project. The posting, filed two weeks ago under LinkedIn’s “Automotive” section is seeking a “new Product Integration supervisor” with knowledge of CNC machines and die casting.
A CNC machine is, according to Wikipedia, a computer numerical control device. This doesn’t help narrow down what is being worked on in the slightest, which is a bit of a shame!
A section of the job listing reads:
Apple (China) Looking for SQE/NPI with over 4 years Mechanical engineering background familiar with CNC/die casting/stamping/plastic injection, can use APQP/PPAP/SPC to control product quality.”
So what are the chances of us all driving around in an Apple iCar come 2015? Frankly, slim to none but its fun to dream isn’t it?
I would say the most likely result of this job listing, if it is genuine, will simply be iOS integration into future dashboard components or maybe Apple’s own GPS device. Either way I’m very interested to see where this will go.
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.